Please email me at gasuski@mac.com

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Taking a day off reading Pam Jenoff...


Reading Pam Jenoff's "The Kommendant's Girl" has been my book of the week.  It hits close to home since my in-laws are from Poland and they lived in Krakow and Warsaw.  They were considered displaced persons and ended up in Wieden Germany and worked on a farm.

The book is about a Jewish family in Poland. "Set in a time when loyalties were test and no one could be trusted.  Pam
Jenoff's astonishing debut faithfully explores the timeless themes of hope, struggle and defiance in the face of overwhelming odds."  Check out Pam Jenoff on facebook.
She also does Skype for book clubs. 


I made myself a cup of tea from Harrods and had some
Digestive cookies my husband brought me from a British shop in Grapevine, TX.  I have been under the weather and this made me feel better.

Working on my hexies I have 2 more to do and I will have 24 flowers done for a quilt.

Enjoy the day.
Gisela