Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Shelf

I was determined this year to decorate my house for Christmas in one day instead of spreading it out in 4 weeks.  The reason being I did not want to have to pack everything up in a long period of time.  Well, it didn't happen.  I started really early to decorate, here in Omaha people start decorating day after thanksgiving or earlier.  When I lived in the East coast we started (21 years ago) two weeks before Xmas and it got me in the mood.  Well I have been decorating for the last 3 weeks.  I have lots of Xmas items and I will be cleaning house after "Little Christmas".  

I celebrated Christmas last night with my son and his family and it was so so sweet.  My granddaughters waited their turn and did not rip the presents in 5 minutes time, they are growing up to be such beautiful young ladies. My DH and I will be leaving for Texas Thursdays morning and those grand children 2 and 4 - I am sure will rip it all up real fast.

Yesterday I did my hours at the food bank and the participants received an extra bag of groceries (ham).  Helping other helps me to be so thankful for all that I have.

Enjoy the next few days and breathe, it will get all done, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you