Wednesday, June 18, 2014

American Folk Art Museum


 I got to go into Manhattan by train (only way to go) with my DIL and SIL.

My goal has always been to go to the American Folk Art Museum.  Remember this wonderful photo.
 I found out out that this show expedition was in the armory a few years back.  As we arrived the volunteer was so inspired by the expedition that she became a volunteer ( I would also) and she is a quilter.  We just hit it off -  like meeting an old friend.


How I got to the the museum, was a long long long walk.  got off at Penn Station and family wanted to see Time Square, Broadway 34th St, Rockefeller Centre, St. Patrick (it is in full renovation) I wouldn't have wanted to book a wedding but still an amazing amazing place.  We had a wonderful lunch at Rockefeller Centre - a great salad (a little pricey) but well worth it.

The museum is on 66th I am not young but walking is what it is all about in Manhattan.  They wanted to see Central Park so it wasn't far from the museum, I just needed to rest a few times.  Please go to there site you can see more photos.  The museum is small but Lincoln, Julliard, ABC is right in the same are.  We had ice cream at a cafe.  http://www.folkartmuseum.org/ 

I am always lucky when I go to Central Park, I always see someone famous.  I have seen Marilyn Monroe and Cary Grant.  This time I met Paul Williams a song writer for carpenters and many more artist.  He is famous for movies with Burt Reynolds and I found out he was born in Omaha, NE.
I said hello and he kindly responded "I appreciate it very much".


The weather was perfect and I am so glad I went.  It was a great day.

Gisela






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you