Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Flag Banner

I really enjoyed this project, first I told myself I have to buy fabric and I said look at your stash.  When I was in Texas I brought red and white fabric that  worked perfect, I love the blue bell fabric.   I have to give credit to http://vintagegreyhandmade.blogspot.com/ she had a tutorial, I didn't put white around the flag and I didn't put a binding around them - I made mine like a mug rug.  If you wanted you probably could hand them out to your quests as they left as a momento.  It took me awhile to make them but so worth it.  


I always cut out two, their was a total of 8 flags, my husband suggested I make 13. I didn't quilt them but the deck looks festive.

White I was on a roll I used up some of my Hoey fabric.  I think I like mug rugs with the binding on them instead of just sewing a border (you have to try new things).  I said to myself that I have to go out and buy fabric for the back of the flags but I had plenty of stash on hand.  It has been since March that I brought fabric - I get paid in about 2 weeks and I have a list started already.

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you