Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sewing - summer time

Busy Busy Busy, but it is so much fun.  It has been hot hot and we finally have a cool day - opened the window and had coffee on my deck this morning. 

I enjoy doing cross stitch and the World of Charity Stitching we are making Christmas cards for the nursing home.  I had these two panels in my pile and made cards out of them.  This was fun.

I have a closet of thrift items and brought this small glass holder and made a pin cushion.  Art Gallery fabric.  I used walnut seeds and polyester filling, I had to use both for the round shape to be firm.

I didn't use the filling on this one and it didn't come out right. 

Wax beans, I am very fortunate Boys Town is about 3 miles away and they have a garden coop where the young teens learn about growing a garden.  They sell all kinds of veggies and at such a reasonable price - I mean cheap came home with three bags of items and only paid $3.50.

I made some potato salad so you know it is summer.

Having family coming in for a week so  busy washing linen, and finding lots of dust bunnies.

Have a great week. Relax  keep cool,  we had a great sermon this week Pastor told a story about an 85 year old women who recommended walk barefoot more often and eat more ice cream.

Gisela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you