Thursday, August 9, 2012

Canning/Walking/Summertime

The tomatoes are ripening but not in my garden (very few plum tomatoes).  I went to our local farm and brought a crate of tomatoes and started canning.  It is a good work out and canning is IN at the moment. 

What a great color, the farmer told me because of the heat anything over 95 degrees you won't have fruit just flowers. 
Plum tomatoes really work well for sauce, from the farmer got just brought assorted tomatoes - made 10 jars.

Made dill garlic pickles but it still did not taste right, too much dill.  Star Telegram had an article on canning. 



I have been walking 3 miles each day for a week now and the reason is I saw myself in photos and it is time to do something about it.  Also I need more energy I have so much on my plate.  I am not going to go on the computer until I do my walking.

Summertime is great but I have lots of 'to do's' and I don't work.  Morning is my best time to do things.  Yesterday, I walked, baked bread, canned and cleaned the bathrooms - day before I did finish a charity quilt.  Today I am going to the movies with grandkids, I wanted to go downtown and do more walking - looks like movies (PG) is winning.

Have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you