Monday, September 10, 2012

We are blest and we must remember/Books

Tomorrow is September 11, I live in Omaha but I am still a NY girl.  We need to remember that day and be thankful for our military personal who fight for our freedom, we lost so many lives  and so many in our military family who have fought for our freedom today and in the future.  God Bless to all.

I have returned from NY - Long Island had a wonderful time but the humidity can get to you at times.
Food, family and rain were wonderful.  READING - I am on a reading kick and only getting cross stitching done for the Christmas cards the  last 2 weeks. How lucky am I.
I finished a book called "Cemetery John", a recap of the Charles Lindbergh kidnapping and the author believes that there were 2 other suspects - it is a great read.  That lead to:



I have read many of Reeve Lindbergh (daughter of Anne Morrow Lindbergh), AML book Against Wind & Tide has an introduction by her daughter Reeve.  This book is a journal of AML and it is so interesting and a great journal in writing letters ( I am afraid of an art that is very rare today-blogging has taken over).  If you don't like books of letters this might not be a read for you.  I loved her day to day experiences and her duties of a woman in that error.  Thanks to a blog friend I read "Gift of Sea" by AML and the blogger reads it each year (I can understand why).  Being famous is no fun, Anne loved writing her books but had to be pushed but she felt she needed to show her independence (these are my thoughts - I am not a professional). 

In her book she quotes Yeats from "Dialogue of Self & Soul"

When such as I cast out remorse
So great a sweetness flows into the breast
We must laugh and we must sing
We are blest by everything
Everything we look upon is blest.

AML quoted this in the chapter of her grieving from the loss of her husband.  AML was way ahead of her time.

My reading list ( I usually read about 3 books at the same time).  

1.  The Wild Rose - by Jennifer Donnelly (read her previous books - such a joy)
2.  Some We Love, Some we Hate, Some we Eat - Hal Herzog  (My Book Club)
3.  Forward from Here - Reeve Lindbergh
4.  Peril in Paperback - Kate Carlisle - 1/4 through.

I just finished "Night Road" by Kristin Hannah - I gave it 3-4 stars

I love to hear what you are reading?
Gisela




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you