Thursday, September 13, 2012

Churches/Perry Como

I am fortunate to have lived in Long Island New York, a great great place, now I live in the Midwest.
My DH family were displaced citizens from Poland and moved to US.  First went to Iowa and then moved to Port Washington, NY.

This is St. Peter's in Port Washington, and this was Perry Como's parish.  The family got to hear Perry Como sing at the 11:00 mass and Christmas Eve.  He would sing O Holy Night and Ava Maria (he does the best version).  After mass he would shake parishioner hands and would speak to them.
 
The front of the church.


Take some time in your area and look at the beautiful surroundings.
 




 

Have a great day, working on my charity quilts, we meet this Saturday - I procrastinate always.

Gisela







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you