Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mystery Quilt/My Favorite Scarves

I have been busy working on Orca Mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter, I started almost a year a go and before 2013 comes I need to complete it.  Talk about 700 triangles for crab eyes but I am getting there.  Mentally this project is good for me I will be leaving for Texas to take care of my son who just had surgery and it is serious but he will be on the mend.

The white bedspread was a $9.00 find at my favorite thrift store - it really brings out your quilts.

Scarves - I love them and wear them:

My step mom before she passed away made the ribbon scarf to remember her by.  It is so beautiful.

 I got the beige (angora) for 87 cents and the crochet scarf for 87 cents also.  It is our duty to save these items.  I also brought a blue pea coat for $14.00 in mint condition.  The green scarf will go great with that.


I got my bookmark done for the nursing home.
While I am in Texas I will get more cross stitching done and a prayer shawl.  I am working with wool from Japan (expensive) but the wool is thick in some places and thin in others; the wool was donated and we have lots of it - about 25 skeins.  I will make it work.

The Orca quilt will be my Christmas quilt.

Don't take anything for granted and hug your family and children as many times as you can.
Talk to you when I get back, I will be going to the children's heart hospital with my granddaughters and will be dropping off, teddy bears, pillow cases and hats for the babies.

God Bless!
Gisela






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you