Monday, October 15, 2012

Whoopie - pillowcases for children

Children's HospitalI love making pillowcases for charity and when it is local - even better.  Mallory is a 6 year old girl from church and she had her second kidney transplant a few weeks ago and it has been a huge success.  The first kidney from her grandfather only lasted about 5 1/2 years.  Another relative was kind enough to give her his kidney a few weeks ago.  A way to say "thank you" she requested we donate pillow cases and stuffed animals to Children's  Hospital here in Omaha.  A miracle hospital http://www.childrensomaha.org/.





I made 2 other pillowcases and I forgot to take a photo.  The fabric was a baseball theme:



 The tube method of making a pillowcase is so easy to do - you tube has instructions. I also made an owl and panda stuffed pillow (no photo).  I have to make pillows for the heart hospital (children) in Dallas when I leave next week. This is why we buy fabric, I am at least going into my stash, lots of fabric was donated by the church - thankful for that.


The gift of giving is so powerful.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you